.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 29, 2005

 

Go to marketing seminars for clients

A *Big Issue* recently on the AWAI student forum
has been attending Internet marketing seminars.

Several weeks ago, there was the Big Seminar
in Atlanta, put on by Armand Morin.

Harlan Kilstein urged everyone to go, and promised
to introduce those who did to potential clients.

At least 3 AWAI students DID go, Harlan kept
his promise and all 3 found jobs.

Now, the idea here is NOT to go to the seminar
to learn Internet marketing -- that's a side
benefit.

The idea is to go to meet people who need
copywriters because they're Internet marketers.

So it's a form of networking.

Many other students asked -- how do we learn about
these seminars. That seemed a little odd to me,
but that's because I've been around enough that
I'm on a zillion Internet marketing lists and so
hear about them all the time whether I want to
go or not.

I have never been to one because of the cost --
my immediate reaction was always: "For that kind of
money, I could buy all the Internet marketing ebooks
and software."

Second reaction was: "I've already spent a lot of
money on ebooks and software which I'm not even
using. Why pay $2K+ to learn more stuff I won't
have time to implement?"

Of course, the gurus putting on these events will
tell you it's the opportunity to network and make
joint ventures with new friends that is also
important, and I understood that -- but my site's
about computer careers, so I didn't think I had
any basis for joint ventures.

But, relevant to this blog, Harlan has highlighted
for me the value to attending these events as
a copywriting looking for work.

So, now, sure I wish I'd gone to the Big Seminar
too!

If you want to find out about upcoming seminars,
subscribe to Phil Wiley's ezine, get on
Yanik Silver list, Ken McCarthy's list,
John Reese's list, Armind Morin's list -
and you should hear about all the seminars
worth going to.

copywriting resources

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?