.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

David Garfinkel teleconference

Here's something I posted to a copywriters' discussion
board, since one member attended David Garfinkel's
Breakthrough Copywriting seminar in February and
highly recommended it. I wasn't there, but I was
supporting his support of Garfinkel, based on my
experience:


I heard David Garfinkel on a conference call he did with Michel
Fortin to promote his training.

He spoke the 7 strands of copywriting "DNA" he's discovered.

For example, he says Gary Halbert's Coat of Arms letter was
so successful because it tapped into what he calls the
"Your Hidden Greatness is Discovered" DNA.

Mmm, I thought. What a great concept. A few other stories
do too.

Ugly duckling is really a swan.

Baby born in manger is really Son of God.

Spoiled and sheltered prince is the Enlightened Buddha.

Young orphan boy is only one who can pull sword
from the stone because he's really England's greatest king.

Young half-sized hobbit is only person in Middle Earth
capable of resisting the temptation to give in to the
evil Ring of Power and so the only one who can carry
it to the only place that can destroy it and so save
Middle Earth from domination by evil.

And so on.

Yes, powerful stuff.

I know you're sworn to secrecy, James, but is one of
the other DNAs Boy Meets Girl? Revenge? Biter Bit?


By the way, to the above paragraph, which I intended
at least 90% as a joke -- James responded with a very
serious and huffy, "I'm not at liberty to discuss that."

Whew, maybe I was warm, huh?

I wonder what other standard literary plots David
had adapted to copywriting?

copywriting courses

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?