.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Re-writing AWAI vitamin letter assignment

It's been a long time since I posted on this
blog, but not because I haven't been
thinking about copywriting.

Sometime back, I got my AWAI vitamin letter
assignment back, so I've been busy
re-writing that.

I'd like to say my score was high, but it
wasn't -- a disappointing 71. I thought I'd
done better, but the evaluator disagreed.

I was lucky that my letter was sent to Kieran
Doherty, who's one of the big name copywriters
on the AWAI board. He gave me a lot of help to
understand where I'd gone wrong and what I needed
to do to write a much better letter.

I sent the revised version in early this month and
I'm looking forward to receiving a much improved
score.

Still, I'm not waiting for it. Kieran graded my
letter faster than my restaurant reviewer and a LOT
faster than the fundraising letter reviewer -- who
still has not returned my spec assignment. But I
still don't expect it back until probably August.
I'm not waiting until then to get going.

One prominent online copywriter puts on
her website that her vitamin letter score was a
"whopping" 94. Now I'm wondering -- was that her
original score or her score after the re-write?

Not that is really matters much. It's like high
school -- good grades there count just enough to get you
into college, and then nobody cares. It's how well you
keep performing that's important.

What is important is how well I've learned
the lessons. So I am anxious to learn my final
results, and I do feel a certain competitiveness
to get a high score.

But if I don't, I'll just keep on going.

And I'm not waiting. I have the Masters course and have
started on that.

My business cards are on order from Vistaprint -- should
be ready to start handing out within 2 weeks.

Last night I finished main draft of my letter for
myself, to go on my web site. I'm going to let it
"cool" today (one reason for writing this blog
instead of re-writing it), then will do a final
read and re-write tomorrow and get it into HTML
format and loaded upline.

Then I'll have my shingle hung out and ready and
open for business. I can't wait!

Copywriting information

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?