.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

take the AWAI course from AWAI, not eBay

The reason I sent my vitamin letter assignment
and fundraising spec assignment in at the same
time is that it was really the second
vitamin letter assignment.

I sent the first one in early February, but
it was never graded because it was so long
nobody would even read it.

First, I thought that since the course said
that copywriters often write the premiums,
that I was supposed to write the premium.
So I wrote a 30 page free report to go
along with the product.

I thought I might score some bonus points
that way, but no!

Also, my main sales letter was too long. So I
cut it down and removed the premium and
sent all that in late in March, and that's
what Kieran Doherty graded.

I read the fundraising course and did that
spec assignment in March, while fruitlessly
waiting for my first vitamin letter assignment
to be graded.

All this does indicate the advantage of taking
the Basic course directly from AWAI. You CAN
find used copies of it on eBay -- but then
you don't qualify for support from AWAI, for
assignment grading or to participate in the AWAI
student forum, which is slow right now but
is helpful for students with questions,
especially while going through the basic course.

St Louis area copywriter

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?