.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Extreme pointless negativity

An extreme example of a radio ad designed to
create an emotional reaction in you through
gratuitous, unnecessary and -- in my opinion --
counterproductive negativity, is an ad put out
by The Ad Council to promote volunteerism
among teens.

Oh, it's thoroughly convincing. If you were a
teenager, wouldn't you really want to become
a volunteer after hearing this?

A young girl (a teenage volunteer) is saying
about a bear cub, "Oh, he's so cute."

She's a volunteer for some help the animals
groups.

Next thing you know, she's screaming (and the
actress does a REALLY good job of doing this.
The best scream on the radio I've heard since
I listened to the tape of Nick Berg beheaded by
Islamo-fascists in Iraq a year or so ago.)

HE'S GOT MY ARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, that really makes me want to go
volunteer my precious time, even though
I'm not a teenager anymore.

Does this type of tactic actually get
positive results? Or is The Ad Council
now totally incompetent?

copywriting blogs

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?